Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life in the Grape Lane

"Mom, are we in a hurry?"

"Yes! I'm getting my hair done & I've got to get on the road.
Please put your bunch of grapes back in the fridge & let's hit the road, son."

"The most wonderful man on earth took my grape eater with him so I could enjoy the process of getting beautiful. I came home to hear, "MOM, you look sixteen! You should do that more often!" :)

Awwww, my heart melted as he hugged me, his eyes looking so sweetly into mine. I freely admit I'm a sucker for sweet heartfelt compliments from 15 & under boychildren of mine.

The day after...
This morning I was awakened by the most wonderful man on earth whispering sweet nothings in my ear as he said, " Remember the grapes you asked him to put in the fridge yesterday on your way out the door?"

I opened an eye to look @ him & croak, "Yes?"

He continued to whisper sweetly as he said, "My khaki shorts & all of our underwear and socks are now grape spotted. He put the entire bunch of grapes in the washer."

We'd been graped!

As luck would have it, the clothes were rewashed & mass bedlam did not ensue as all the stains came out.(Thank you, God above)

Maybe next time he'll choose oranges.

1 comment: