Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Who I Am

With age comes:

Freedom to laugh at myself

The ability to enjoy dancing at WinterJam with my a friend on one side of me and my youngest teen scrambling to get away from me in abject horror

Wisdom to recognize the users and the ability to walk away from them

Recognizing I can walk away from any situation not owing anyone

Appreciation in recognizing where I was, where I am now and the ability to appreciate the road traveled between the two

Beauty of Stillness, not to be confused with laziness or slothing around.

Knowing that drama doesn't have to be mine, that I can't fix the worlds' problems or take on responsibility for people other than my own

I can say no...and stand by it. No explanations needed, no is enough.

IF...I can help another soul on their life path, I will. If I can't, I won't feel like I've let the world down

I don't have to overextend myself, I can gradually cut out all of the extra and focus on what truly matters to me

Believe in myself and who I am now...Tonya, Child of God,  Mom of 3 bios & 3 in my heart, Advocate, Damn good Moma, Domestic Goddess, Taxi Service all-in-one inclusive service, Friend, Partner in crime, Dreamer, Hippy Chick, Open-minded, Full of laughter,  Reader of books and people, Music guru and maker of the best hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, gravy & biscuits around...according to T-rev.

As shadows lengthen in my life's journey, I know that I'm exactly where I am supposed to be.

And I'm truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment